Skip to content

Social Media Portal

SMP » Press Releases Launches First Ever In-Target Audience Optimization For Video (PR Newswire) - 08 February 2013

Advertisement Launches First Ever In-Target Audience Optimization For Video

New Solution Boosts TV-like Audience Delivery By 30%

SAN MATEO, Calif/PRNewswire/ -- today announced In-Target Audience Optimization - the industry's first technology that enables advertisers to maximize delivery against demographic audiences as measured by verification providers such as Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings and comScore validated Campaign Essentials.

"The past 12 months have seen a rapid shift towards TV-like audience guarantees in digital video, aided by tools like Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings that provide independent verification of impressions by age and sex," says Andrew Feigenson, Senior Vice President, Ad Platforms and Networks at The Nielsen Company. "We look forward to continuing to work with as they provide buyers with a fresh layer of intelligence that helps them reach the right audience with every campaign and every ad."

According to a recent Nielsen benchmarking study, only 55% of online ads geared towards consumers 25-49 a primary TV ad demo - are served to the right audience. The remaining 45% opportunity gap may be attributed to inaccurate data collection for targeting including multiple users attributed to a single cookie and the inherent inaccuracies of behavioral look-alike modeling. The result is millions of advertising dollars wasted.

Developed on the Platform, In-Target Audience Optimization dramatically reduces this waste using a proprietary algorithm to predict audience composition across any publisher. It enables buyers to specify their desired demographic and instantly forecast their in-target delivery, in-target CPM and TRP estimates. technology then targets impressions that are expected to index high against Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings and comScore validated Campaign Essentials while minimizing ad spend. Equally beneficial to publishers, In-Target Audience Optimization gives sellers the ability to deliver TV-like targeting against their inventory and increase yield against lucrative demo segments.

"The advantage of In-Target Audience Optimization is that it amplifies the effectiveness of Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings and comScore validated Campaign Essentials data for both buyers and sellers," says Toby Gabriner, President of "In recent beta tests, we've seen on average, a 30% lift in in-target audience delivery. That's an amazing boost and it represents a opportunity for brands, agencies and publishers to significantly increase the value of their media."

About is the video advertising platform of choice for the world's largest brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks. A unified, programmatic platform that provides buyers and sellers with automated tools to plan, buy and measure across linear TV and online video, is transforming the way video advertising is bought and sold. Named by Inc. Magazine as the nation's fastest-growing video advertising company in its "Inc 500" 2012 annual ranking on private companies, also earned "Fastest-Growing Private Company in Silicon Valley" honors by the editors of the Silicon Valley/ San Jose Business Journal. Headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London and Sydney. is a privately held company backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Gemini Israel Funds, Redpoint Ventures and Spark Capital. For more information, please visit  and follow on Twitter @Adaptv.