SMP » Inclusion Requirements
Campaign inclusion requirements
Campaign inclusion requirements
It's free to add your campaigns to SMP, but please take a few minutes to read all of the below, it will save you time in the long run!
If there is any doubt, please use the contact form
to ask brief questions on submission guidelines.A few quick points, your campaigns will be deleted if:
- itís not related to mobile, social media, technology et al and the theme of SMP
- if itís written specifically for search engine optimisation (SEO)
- if it in any way relates to any of the following: drug rehabilitation services, foreclosure services, mail order brides, penis enlargement, pay day loans, office furniture, real estate, Viagra etc., that isnít irrelevant to our readership (and ultimately damage your brand!)
- We are not interested in website launches, or website updates. If your site embraces social media in some way, more than just having social media buttons, enquire with us first
- Telling us about your Facebook, Google+, Twitter (et al) account unfortunately wonít suffice either.
Please note that all content is reviewed before being published, we aim to do this within 24 and 120 hours. The best way to see if your content is published is to subscribe to the SMP RSS feed
or search the site
. We wonít notify you if your content has been deemed unsuitable and deleted, so if you donít see it published you can safely presume it failed to meet our inclusion requirements.
Tips to increase the possibility of your campaign being published:
Contact us first and request questions
- Make sure your campaign item and other content are up to scratch.
- All submissions have to be in English
- Donít use all capitals in the campaign title
- Make sure you use the original date that the campaign was issued, or roughly when the campaign was originally released (note we do check!)
- A thumbnail image has to be submitted on the details page
- Create a thumbnail logo that is a box and 150x150 by pixels for the thumbnail logo you are asked to upload, hereís a handy tutorial if you donít know how to do this
- Donít cut and paste content from Microsoft Word, or word processing software (it messes with our content management system (CMS)). Instead use Notepad, TextEdit or a plain text email. Add your hyperlink afterwards (three in total depending on the length)
- A date is not required in the campaign body text
- Use between 100-500 words to describe your campaign
- Use the following headings to complete your campaign item:
- Agency/brand name
- Campaign name
- About ((start date, end date using dd/mm/yyyy and what are / were the objectives)
- What we are doing / did (what are / were channels and methods )
- What we are achieving / achieved (what are / were the results)
- Where can we see it
- Two images are allowed with your campaign item, they need to be less than 250KBs in size or less each
- Add a PowerPoint (via SlideShare embed) or video (via YouTube embed code). Numerous embed codes may be used adopted the same principle. However, we cannot test everyone, but the above are known to work
- Donít overdo hyperlinks. See point 7.
- If you use an online PR or SEO professional to add your content, make sure they know what they are doing. Otherwise they damage your brand and reputation as well as their own!
If there is a press release to accompany to campaign, please make sure you add that as well (instructions how to do that are below).
If you are unsure what makes a great campaign summary, we advise you surf the web for guideline and/or seek professional help.
For any other content (i.e. articles, research) we will need to send you guidelines to be included. Please use our contact form
to make a brief enquiry about this type of content.Thank you for your patience and reading.