SMP » Inclusion Requirements
Event inclusion requirements
Event inclusion requirements
It's free to add your events to
SMP, but please take a few minutes to read all of the below, it will
save you time in the long run!
A few quick points, your events will be deleted if:
- Itís not related to social media and the theme of SMP.
- If itís written specifically for search engine optimisation (SEO).
it in any way relates to any of the following: drug rehabilitation
services, foreclosure services, mail order brides, penis enlargement,
pay day loans, office furniture, real estate, Viagra etc., that isnít
irrelevant to our readership (and ultimately damage your brand).
- SMP is not interested in website launches, or website updates. If your site embraces social media in some way, more than just having social media buttons, enquire with us first.
- Sharing news about your Facebook, Google+, Twitter (et al) account unfortunately wonít suffice either.
All content is reviewed before being published within 24 and 120 hours.
The best way to see if your content is
published is to subscribe to the SMP RSS feed
or search the site
You won't be notified you if your content has been deemed unsuitable and
deleted, so if you donít see it published you can safely presume it
failed to meet our inclusion requirements.
We reserve the right to unpublish or delete content.
Tips to increase the possibility of your events being published:
- Make sure your event and other content are up to scratch. Review this event entry as an example.
- All submissions have to be in English
- Donít use all capitals in the event title
- A thumbnail image has to be submitted on the details page
- Create a thumbnail logo that is a box and 150x150 by pixels for the thumbnail logo you are asked to upload, hereís a handy tutorial if you donít know how to do this
- Donít cut and paste content from Microsoft Word, or word processing software
(it messes with our content management system (CMS)). Instead use
Notepad, TextEdit or a plain text email. Add your hyperlink afterwards (three in total depending on the length)
- Add the name of the event, date/s and full address of the venue (including post/zip code)
- Describe the event, who should attend, main guest speakers, keynotes, et al and strive for 100 to 300 words
- Donít just provide a long list of guest speakers, keep the copy interesting and upbeat
- Don't add advertisers, exhibitors and sponsors
- Donít add imagery within your content
- Donít overdo hyperlinks. See point above about three URLs
- Add your Twitter account e.g. @smponline and hashtag e.g. #SMP for the event
- Add relevant company information and contact details
- Refer to an example here
you use an online PR, SEO professional or similar to add your content,
make sure they know what they are doing. Otherwise they damage your
brand and reputation as well as their own.
- If jargon is used, yours submission and edits will be rejected.
it real, donít use terminology you cannot prove e.g. youíre leading,
best-in-class, revolutionary, only company, et al. Clearly articulate
what you do in English.
We advise that you have a press release to accompany your listing you add this as well. If you are unsure what makes a great press release, we advise you surf the web for guideline and/or seek professional help.
any other content (i.e. campaigns and profiled interview) we will need
to send you guidelines if it looks of interest. Please use our contact form
make a brief enquiry about this type of content.
Thank you for your patience and reading.