Social Media Portal (SMP) inclusion requirements
It's free to add your content to SMP, but please take a few minutes to
read all of the below, it will save you time in the long run.
A few quick points, your content will be deleted if:
- Content is not in English
- Itís not related to social media and the theme of SMP.
- If itís written specifically for search engine optimisation (SEO).
- If it in any way relates to any of the following: drug rehabilitation services, foreclosure services, mail order brides, penis enlargement, pay day loans, office furniture, real estate, Viagra etc., that isnít irrelevant to our readership (and ultimately damage your brand).
- You've submitted an unsolicited article. We stopped publishing articles as of August 2012.
- We are not interested in website launches, or website updates. If your site embraces social media in some way, more than just having social media buttons, enquire with us first.
- Telling us about your Facebook, Google+, Twitter (et al) account unfortunately wonít suffice either.
Also, please review campaigns
, press releases
and profiled interviews
already on SMP to see content published.
All content is reviewed before being published within 24 and 120 hours. The best way to see if your content is published is to subscribe to the SMP RSS feed
or search the site
You won't be notified if your content has been deemed unsuitable and deleted. If you donít see it published you can safely presume it failed to meet our inclusion requirements.
Tips to increase the possibility of your relevant content being published:
- Submissions have to be in English.
- If jargon is used, yours submission and edits will be rejected.
- Keep it real, donít use terminology you cannot prove e.g. youíre leading, best-in-class, revolutionary, only company, et al. Clearly articulate what you do in English.
- Make sure your press releases and other content are up to scratch. Review this press release as an example.
- Donít cut and paste content from Microsoft Word, or word processing software (it messes with the content management system (CMS)). Instead use Notepad, TextEdit or a plain text email. Add your hyperlink afterwards (between three and five in total depending on the length).
- A thumbnail image has to be submitted on the details page.
- Create a thumbnail logo that is a box and 150x150 by pixels for the thumbnail logo you are asked to upload, hereís a handy tutorial if you donít know how to do this
- Donít add imagery within your content.
- Donít overdo hyperlinks (aim betweenn one and five).
- Use the date of when the item was actually released, donít try game the site (this will be checked).
- Add contact details where is makes sense, e.g. a press release.
- If you use an online PR or SEO professional to add your content, make sure they know what they're doing. Otherwise they damage your brand and reputation as well as their own.
For any other content (articles, campaigns and research) we will need to send you guidelines to be included. Use contact form to make a brief enquiry about this type of content.
What are you waiting for?
Itís free, register and add your relevant content.
Thank you for your patience and reading.