Oracle Buys Collective Intellect
Adds Real-Time Social Monitoring, Analytics and Insight to Oracle's Social Platform
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire) -
- Oracle announced today that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Collective Intellect. Collective Intellect's leading cloud-based social intelligence solutions enable organizations to monitor, understand and respond to consumers' conversations on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Collective Intellect's cloud-based solutions help organizations transform social conversations into actionable intelligence, creating better marketing campaigns, improving customer service, generating more targeted leads and opportunities, and enhancing products and services with real-time customer feedback.
- Oracle's leading sales, marketing, service, commerce, social data management and analytics, combined with Collective Intellect and the recently announced pending acquisition of Vitrue, is expected to create the most advanced and comprehensive social relationship platform.
- By integrating Collective Intellect with Oracle's Software-as-a-Service products and Social Platform, Oracle will enable marketing organizations to create more targeted marketing campaigns; help customer service teams respond quickly to customer feedback on social media; generate targeted leads and opportunities for sales teams; and strengthen how companies build more effective brands using the Internet and social media.
- The combination is expected to enable organizations to build stronger relationships with consumers through intelligent understanding of their social conversations and to respond with appropriate action and engagement.
- The terms of the agreement were not disclosed. More information on this announcement can be found at http://www.oracle.com/collectiveintellect.
- "Gaining intelligence from consumer conversations across social media, and knowing customers' intentions and interests helps organizations create better products and deliver better service," said Thomas Kurian, executive vice president, Oracle Development. "Collective Intellect's leading cloud-based applications for social media monitoring, combined with Oracle's social relationship platform offers a complete social experience to our customers."
- "Creating meaningful content based on a clear understanding of consumers' conversations is the way brands will create stronger customer relationships," said Don Springer, Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Collective Intellect. "Collective Intellect's semantic analytics platform provides cutting-edge technology to Oracle that will create a winning combination as brand-to-customer relationships move from transactional to social."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement.